About MeTumblrYelp

Friday, December 11, 2009

Kiss Glitter Acrylic Experience

So to give a small background of my nail history. I get my nails done once or twice every year usually for my birthday and some type of fancy event.
I almost always spent $50+ every time. The most I spent so far was about $85.

I saw the Kiss Glitter Acrylic set for $10 something at Walmart and got it, mainly because it's my birthday this coming tuesday and I can't afford to get my nails done like old times.
I tried to do my own nails once and that was a disaster due to cheap acrylic and bad tools.


Another thing is EVERY TIME I get my nails done I get sick of it and take them off about a week later. I don't like them chipping, growing out or some times just being too long. Acrylic nails are really thick too. So detail things you need to do sometimes can be taken away because of them.

The set comes with 2 glitter (purple and silver), clear acrylic powder, 20 clear tips, nail glue, an orange stick, the acrylic liquid, a brush and whatever else cause I forgot.
What you NEED are nail clippers, a buffer block and acetone nail polish remover. (That's from what I can remember)

The instructions tells you to glue the nail tips on without having air bubbles. Which it's close to impossible to do. Then I read a bit more carefully and it said "Visible" air bubbles.

My nails were a wee bit too short to the nail glue stuck to my skin. I then clipped the nails with a nail clipper and my god....
I'm happy the glitter was thick and purple because it would have shown all the white marks from 'cracking'. It's kind of like when you hit your hail real hard and it turns white.
I pretty much had a bunch of white marks on the clear tips.
Try to get the nail that shaped to your nail curve not just the width. If you fit the tips wrong your nails will be sore or get bruising later on.

Then you need to MIX the glitter with the clear acrylic. You need to get a good ratio because if you have too much glitter it becomes clumpy and too little glitter you'll end up clumping on too much acrylic to get the look you want.
I should add that I did the acrylic and filing part outside. The chemicals are strong and could probably make you high after a few seconds. The filing is so dusty you'll think you invented the new coke.


Me being lazy I went ahead and did the gradient look because I had to patience to sit there creating smile lines on all 10 fingers.
This picture to the left was after I buffed for about and hour ( maybe just 30 minutes I exaggerate a lot) and before I put nail polish on it.
Oh.... while I was filing the nails to the shape I wanted... I fully cut myself right by my pinkie.
Gotta love New Skin though. Burns like death for a few minutes but you really have new skin for a good day or two.

Anyways. Doing the whole acrylic mess was easy on my left hand but when it came to my dominant hand it was a whole bunch of madness. So for those of you like me... you left hand can barley HOLD a pencil you might be troubled.


To get the real glossy look I used 3 coats of my top coat. I used China Glaze first & last top coat. Then I added 2 coats of China Glaze holographic top coat. That's why there's little tiny silver glitters.

What's funny is my right hand looks gross. One of my finger nails is a TAD crooked but with the acrylics on it looks a lot more crooked. LOL.
Overall it's wearable for a few days in my opinion. The longest I'll wear it is maybe 5 days before soaking it off.
It'll eventually start bugging me that my right hand is so ugly compared to my left (which is why there's no picture of my right hand).
Along with the fact I'm not too sure how bad my air bubbles were when putting on my tips. Don't wanna risk green mold and some nasty infection.


The verdict:
I give this set a 4 out of 5. I mean my nails look pretty good for $10.
The easy of use is maybe a 3 out of 5. If you've never seen acrylics done before then forget it because you'll have no idea what to do (the instructions make it seem like duck soup).

I'll probably update later if I forget something.

But here's a picture of a tooth paste I bought.


I really like my teeth. Hahaha. I brush, floss, mouthwash AND use a tongue scrapper. I hate people with stink breath so I try to not be one of those people I hate.
I also LOVE white teeth. If someone has beautiful white teeth I'll stare at their teeth. No joke.
I also have sensitive teeth so a lot of teeth whiteners are a big no-no.
Hopefully I'll like this tooth paste. ^___^

4 comments:

  1. girl!! your nails are sooo cute!! i would buy that too, but like you said, your right hand comes out ugly. i dont wanna deal with that haha. here in california, i guess theres many nail shops. i go to the ones own by viets (lol) plain french tip acrylic nails are only like 20 bucks for me. then they start charging you for everything else. haha like 2 dollars for a flower and etc. :) happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute nails! I wish I could do that but I would probably mess up real bad on my right hand too >< Happy early birthday!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woow! Love the nails! I'm gonna have to try this out (>_<) thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ you for commenting.