About MeTumblrYelp

Sunday, December 27, 2009

YSL Rouge Volupte & MAC Cremesheen Glass



Lingerie Pink #7 (left), Nude Beige #1 (right)
Since I just got these today it's love at first site. BUT, I'm not completely sure of how it wears. I will after tomorrow! So hold tight for that part.
Pigmentation is great! It pretty much looks like what it does in the tube!
Moisture is great. It's definitely not a matte lipstick.
I'm thinking the finish and the moisture feel will make it a short wearing lipstick.
The smell is.... nice. It has a fruity then perfumish smell. It's reasonable since I hate smells.
It smells just like my YSL Rouge Pur Shine Pink Diamond, makes me guess all the lipsticks smell like that?
It has SPF 15!
Packaging is drop dead gorgeous. The top of the covers have a tiny mirror in silver. It bothers me a bit since the rest of the tube is gold but it's practical.
Price is up the wall. $35 bucks.
I probably would have bought it only if I had gift cards (which I did), a coupon, or someone else is willing to pay!!!
I say for the price though, it'll take me a while to get through a tube of lipstick. Lots of product!
Sadly I had to get one at Ala Moana and then drive all the way to Pearlridge to get the other color. So I'm guessing they're popular or Sephora only keeps a small stock of them.



Ever So Rich (top), Boy Bait (bottom)
So lip gloss with MAC for me, is a love and hate relationship. I owned a lot of Lipglasses but they would always go bad to quickly. I like the sweet vanilla-candy smell but after a wee bit of heat (hard to avoid in Hawaii's average 80 degree weather) it smells like way icky I can't even explain.
I tried a Dazzleglass and it was so sticky my lips practically stuck together! I mean, long wear but too much. Loves the packaging for it though.
So after I bought Boy Bait I knew it was love!
It's enough to stick to your lips but won't make it stick together.
Not much color but the key word is CremeSHEEN glass.
$18 bucks. Yeah. Not crazy about the price but it's hard for me to find a lip gloss I like, I'm to picky.
I love the packaging. I just think it's so sleek. Nothing special but simple and nice.
I like the names.... if that counts for anything. I'm a sucker for cute names.
OPI polishes.... always the name that gets me.

I also picked me up Sweet Lust!


Not sure if I'm missing anything else. But if I am I'll update later or ask some questions!

On muah lippppsss!

 
YSL Lingerie Pink & MAC Ever So Rich (top), YSL Nude Beige & MAC Boy Bait (bottom)


4 comments:

  1. YSL Looove! Wanna see it in action on your lipsss (; Really wanted to try nude beige!! Hey, I love your ring too ^___^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted Peach Passion but it looked like a hot coral mess when I swatched it!
    So Nude Beige was more peachy for me.
    But I love them! AAAAAAHHHHH.
    It's so pricey though.... but I guess same with all designer cosmetic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy bait looks really nice :)
    the two you paired together look great!
    so glad they decided to make cremesheens permanent (i think..if i remember correctly :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was just the funniest how I bought them and they all paired with each other!
    I know I read somewhere the Cremesheen lipsticks were made permanent, but I hope the lip glosses are too.
    I just love it! Perfect, not too sticky, plus $4 more than the lipglass is worth it. You seem to get a lot more. ^___^

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ you for commenting.