About MeTumblrYelp

Thursday, April 28, 2011

HOW TO: Kaos Earskins - Inserting/Wearing Small Gauge Sizes


I kept hearing great things about Kaos Earskins from my friends, who are at least 2g or bigger.
Hot Topic only sells 4g and larger Earskins so I was forced to order them online.
I usually order from Steel Navel.
They have as small as 10g up to 1".  I have 8g (3mm).

So I was reading of people buying whole packs of CapriSun just for the damn straw.
-__-
I work at a restaurant, which lucky for me has coffee stirrers that are 8g. Hehe.
I'm sure they have 10g there too.... keep the gauge card handy. 
I say this works for gauges up to 6. After that I don't think you need as much effort to get these buggers in.

What you will need:
A small amount of patience.
Your choice of color/gauge earskins.
Straw the same gauge or smaller.
Tweezers (I use needle point ones)

The straw matches up to 8g.

Trim the straw being sure it's straight.
You don't want pointy jaggedness or a extra long straw to thread through your ear.

My earskin (5/16 so it's a little longer than the normal 1/4)

You fold the earskin hot dog style. If you can try folding it in 4ths.
Getting the tweezers to grab on is the hard part.

Then you just squeeze it on in the straw.
If you use tweezers like mine take extra care to not puncture the earskin, they can be sharp.

It should look something like this. 

Then I lube it up with jojoba oil and put it on in my ear.
Then while I pull the straw out my ear the back just pops into shape.
:]


2 comments:

  1. i have an 8g piercing too! I'm thinking about getting it bigger though. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey serenie, just saying hi! not blogging anymore?

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ you for commenting.