About MeTumblrYelp

Thursday, April 7, 2011

MAC Quite Cute Review -PIC HEAVY-

 -SERIOUSLY PIC HEAVY-

I feel like I was overly hyped about this MAC collection.
Pink + Harajuku themed felt like we were destined..... Until

  • I realized the lip glosses were plushglasses (lip plumping gloss) I was out on that one ( I was planning on buying all the colors).
  •  I saw swatches of all the blushes I kinda lost interest hearing it was chalky and super shimmery.
  • The eyeshadows weren't anything that stood out to me to begin with aside from the cute names.
  • The nail lacquer wasn't anything I was impressed with, same colors that's been coming out with all the other nail polish lines lately.

So I went down to my Macy's MAC counter in between classes since it's kind of down the road. Plus no way was I about to step foot in the ever so snobby MAC store at the mall.

SO HERE WE GO!!!

I purchased 4 items: 
Flash.

No Flash.  
Sakura Mineralized Blush $24ish
Playing Koi, Quite Cute, Candy Yum-Yum $15ish
Total: $69.63.

Playing Koi. Satin finish.

Quite Cute. Cremesheen finish.

Candy Yum-Yum. Matte finish.

With Flash.
Playing Koi, Quite Cute & Candy Yum-Yum.

No Flash.
Playing Koi, Quite Cute & Candy Yum-Yum.



Bottoms up!

Playing Koi. No Flash.

Playing Koi. Flash.

Satin finish not a big fan of. Same as MACs Pink Friday, Satin looks icky on me.
Though my lips are moisturized in the pictures. The lines are VERY defined.
It's nothing that special about this color. I was expecting it to be a bit more orange like a KOI FISH.
It's more on the pink side on me.
I suggest wearing a gloss over this to help with the dried out look.
I didn't bother taking a full picture of me with it on cause it's pretty plain.


Quite Cute. No Flash.

Quite Cute. With Flash.

Quite Cute is a Cremesheen which I am such a fan of. As you can see it's not as pigmented and quite glossy looking. I actually swiped it back and forth a few times to get the color to show up.
So you can do a slight lavender to the color I came out with.
I was really excited about this because I missed out on Lavender Whip (this was when I was just starting to get really into makeup)
I was just really craving a purple/lavender lipstick. Just like how I'm still looking for lavender/lilac heels. >_<
AAAND here's me below with it on.

I think it can go either way... nice to sickly/pale looking.
Whatevs... I LIKEY!


Candy Yum-Yum. No Flash.

Candy Yum-Yum. With Flash.

Candy Yum-Yum is a matte. After a while it starts to feel dry so I suggest balming up before wearing or putting a gloss over it. This is my faaaaavorite out of all the lipsticks.
It's so fucking neon  it's damn awesome!
I recently purchased Girl About Town and this is so similar but so different!
It's just awesome. If you like bright colors this is one that you MUST pick up.
Here's me below camera whorin' it up!




Sakura Mineralized Blush.

The heart, the outside part then both together.
No Flash.

The heart, the outside part then both together.
With Flash.

This was the only one I was REALLY iffy about.
I heard raves and rants about these blushes so I knocked Giggly and MissBehave off my wishlist.
I teetered on the Sakura because of the name and I wanted a blush a similar color as MACs Blush Ombre "Azalea Blossom"blush I missed out on.
I bought a Mineralized Blush a while ago I believe it was Moon River.
I was a bit disappointed because the pigmentation sucked and the texture was weird. It felt like more of a highlighter than a blush.
I wanted to see this in person and feel it.
It felt quite silky and not at all chalky despite what everyone said.
It had a nice purple-grey undertone.
The shimmer wasn't chunky like my other Mineralized blush.
It seems workable and I figured the more I wait the more of a chance it'll be harder to find later on.
I haven't actually WORN it yet but I shall update tomorrow and let you all know.




---EDIT---
Here's me with the Sakura blush on.
The pictures are slightly akward IMO. 
It shows the color well though, that's the point. ^__^
No flash.

Flash.

3 comments:

  1. wow you got lots, great collection (I wont be getting anything) but the products are cute for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last 2 lippies (brighter more opaque ones) are very cute on you! i like the pink in your hair too

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ you for commenting.