About MeTumblrYelp

Thursday, August 23, 2012

HOW TO: DIY Galaxy Shorts

So lately I've been on a crafty spirit.
I took these bermuda style shorts (I used for my old job) that I no longer wear.
This is great for old jeans or cheap thrift finds.
Total cost to me for the paints were under $10.

Step 1: Cut into shorts. I prefer a slightly shorter style. 




I used these colors of fabric paint.
Makeup sponges (use a new sponge for a new color) and a toothpick (for the stars).


You basically blot, blend and smudge the paint around. I started with the dark blue.
Then worked in the white areas.


Then I worked in the pink/purple color. (I had really bad lighting, sorry)


Then!!! The fun part.
I used the yellow (which dries more gold) and white to create the stars.
I even painted in the Sagittarius constellation on the left side. 
Not like you can really tell. Haha!
For the shooting star I drew the line first.
Then used the sponge to kind of blur around the front.


Finished product!!!
Super easy and I'd say you're finished in under an hour!



Throw these babies on with some Lita Spikes!!!


I plan to add pyramid studs once those come in the mail.
:]
Happy DIYing!!!!

2 comments:

  1. whoaaa. far out! i like them and how crafty of you! crazy about galaxy print everything ... it's great because yours is unique

    pandaphilia style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I kind of want to do this DIY now! Now where are my dark shorts at? :)

    http://denysiayu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ you for commenting.