About MeTumblrYelp

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

REVIEW: Skin Food Good Afternoon Peach Green Tea BB Cream

Skin Food Peach Green Tea BB SPF 20 PA+ #2 Natural Beige (30g)
An Oil-Controlling and Skin-Mattifying BB cream (site info here)
I purchased it on eBay from seller: heirofkoreanculture for $7.89 with free shipping.
It arrived in Hawaii approximately 2 weeks later, nicely packaged and with some free samples!


So I had purchased this BB cream firstly because the name Peach Green Tea attracted me.

 I love the actual beverage so of course this BB cream was a go!  The affordable price is great for the size and also the packaging is so cute!!

Though I usually purchase #1 Light Beige BB creams, I had read reviews and came under the impression this is a very sheer coverage so maybe a tad bit darker would match me better?? No idea I just went ahead and bought the darker shade.



About 3-4 hours after application. As you can see, a very light coverage.


Color: ✩✩✩/5
Fresh application it matched my skin perfectly, however 3 -4 hours later I noticed my skin was slightly darker.  I think if I ordered the Light Beige it would be perfect.
To compare I use Revlon Photoready Foundation in 03 Shell.  I'd say comparable to maybe MAC NC25?  I always breakout when I use MAC foundation so I'm not absolutely sure.
Coverage: ✩✩/5
It is very sheer. People who need more coverage should skip out on this. 
I think I'll be using this more during the summer when I'm "darker" and want a light coverage
Oil Control: ✩✩✩/5
First to note!!! Even when I shake the tube before squeezing product out.... I get the product floating around in what looks like oil.  This may cause some of you to breakout!! I have noticed a few small breakouts but I'm not sure if it's due to this product so I can't really say.  
This is hard for me to really decide because AT FIRST this makes my skin look like and matte. (I set this BB cream with Chanel Double Perfection Matte Powder Foundation)  
I say about 3 -4 hours in I can see a little oil and about 5 -6 hours later I'm oily.
I don't have very oily skin.  I say I have normal/combination. My T-zone is oily, I occasionally have dry patches on my cheeks or otherwise normal skin.
Final thoughts:
Overall I like this BB cream for the PRICE which is affordable.  If I paid any more I'd be a little bummed.  I won't be using it for it's oil control/matte power.  The scent is a very light fragrant fruity scent which fades quickly after drying, which I like.
Unfortunately I don't see myself purchasing this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ you for commenting.