About MeTumblrYelp

Friday, October 24, 2014

Review: Sephora Cream Lip Stain

Always Red 01

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect red lip. I may have found it!
I love the matte look but hate how drying it can be even with a layer of balm before applying.
I heard of Sephora's Cream Lip Stain and wanted to give it a try.
Retails for $13
It has a doe foot applicator with a thin but creamy consistency. I found this easy to apply with out the need of lip liner and was able to get crisp lines.  It has a faint sweet smell but not enough to even distinguish what kind of sweet. (If that makes any sense??) The smell fades right after drying.
This formula sets to a matte finish within a few seconds. I tried blotting with a tissue and nothing transfers which is great!!  It basically wears forever and a day but comes off when you wash it off.
If you eat messy foods it's better to touch up for a clean look but it's not necessary because the color is still there.  I wouldn't call it a stain though.... it doesn't stain your lips because you could wipe this off if you try with a napkin.  I think of it more like a creamy liquid lipstick.

Endless Purple 04
They don't have the greatest color selection for these cream stains, I wish they came out with more.  I don't like the metallic/glitter colors in this line.  

I had purchased the Sephora Luster Matte Long Wear Lip Color in Electra-Pink on recommendation of one of the sales girls.  She told me these wore way longer than the cream stains.  Lies!
Though I loved the electric pink color it transferred on everything my lips touched from straws, food and my e-cigs drip tip.  I also noticed it was not matte at all just opaque in color. I returned it the next day.   
To finish it off.... $13 for these lip babies are a steal!! And let's just all pray together Sephora makes more MATTE colors for this line of lip stains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ you for commenting.